FINALLY. A follow-up to my Bloody Popcorn recipe video! And this time, I’m making Pumpkin Spice Bourbon balls — a twist on your typical (Christmas) holiday bourbon (or rum) balls!
Disclaimer: I filmed this after a day’s work. My hair is bad. My mic stopped working (so, I’m using the camera’s internal mic). And there’s a dog snoring in the background. So… have a watch below and please be kind —
– About 3 cups crushed Nilla Wafers (or 1 box)
– 1 cup confectioners sugar
– 1.5 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
– 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
– .5 cup bourbon (Wild Turkey preferred)
– Additional confectioners sugar
1. Crush the Nilla Wafer cookies, either smash in a plastic zip-lock bag or use a blender, and add to a large bowl.
2. Add confectioners sugar and pumpkin pie spice to the crushed cookies and blend well.
3. Add corn syrup and bourbon to the dry ingredients and mix until it becomes a sticky paste.
4. Place additional confectioners sugar into a small bowl or plate.
5. Using your hands, roll cookie mixture into balls (about 1/2 to 1 inch in size) and then roll into sugar. Set them aside in a sealed dish to keep in the refrigerator.
6. Let them mellow a few days!
TIP # 1: Use bourbon OR rum!
TIP #2: You can also use cocoa powder instead of pumpkin pie space — it’s yummy!
TIP # 3: For better spooky culinary videos, go watch The Homicidal Homemaker.